1️⃣ or 2️⃣? Which by @londonbruncher would you try?👇
1️⃣ Tortang Talong 🍆
Tortang Talong is a Filipino eggplant omelette that is typically eaten for breakfast or lunch.
1 aubergine (this is traditionally made using an Asian aubergine but if you can’t find one like me, choose an aubergine that is long and thin)
1 tsp soy sauce or fish sauce
Pinch of black pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds
To serve: rice and spring onions
RECIPE (serves 1):
1. Brush the eggplant with oil and grill until the skin is charred (either in an oven for ~25 mins or over an open flame).
2. Leave the eggplant to cool slightly before peeling (leaving the stem intact).
3. Beat the eggs with soy sauce or fish sauce, black pepper and sesame seeds.
4. Dip the eggplant into the egg mixture until well coated.
5. Add 1 tbsp of neutral vegetable oil to a frying pan on medium heat.
6. When the pan is hot, add the eggplant and pour over the extra egg mixture.
7. Pan fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden.
8. Serve on top of rice and sprinkle over sesame seeds and spring onions. It is traditionally served with banana ketchup but I couldn’t find it anywhere so I spooned over some chilli oil which was delicious!
2️⃣ Sushi Dumplings
Follow @londonbruncher for more recipes!
These are a cross between two of my favourite things: rice paper dumplings and sushi – I am obsessed!
You can switch up the fillings (cooked prawns would work well) but I used leftover salmon (I pan fried a salmon fillet and then mixed it with kewpie mayo, sriracha, soy sauce & cayenne pepper – check out my previous reel to see how I made this)!
What you need:
Rice paper (soak in room temp water for 10 seconds before using; it will continue to soften so don’t over soak!)
Cooked sushi rice
Leftover cooked salmon
Avocado or cucumber slices
Chilli flakes (optional)
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp chilli oil
2 thoughts on “1& or 2& Which by would you try? 1& Tortang Talong Tortang Talong is a Fil”
#cooking #cookingvideos #cookingathome #cookingvideo #cookingtime #cookinggram #cookingreels #cookingclass #cookinglight #cookingtips #cookingwithlove #cookingismytherapy